Car Batteries, Dorking, Surrey
The only time we ever really notice a problem with our vehicle’s battery is when it stops working!
Knowing how to look after the battery and what can cause damage is vital to getting the most out of the battery and helps to avoid the car not starting, especially on those frosty winter mornings!
How often should i replace my car battery?
- Before your vehicle’s battery actually dies, you may notice a few signs that the battery isn’t working at its full potential. These include:
- Radio cutting out
- Wipers struggling in operation
- Dimmed/weak headlights
- Engine slow to turn over
- ‘Low Battery’ message or dashboard symbol
- On average, a car battery is expected to last between 3-5 years, dependent on type of usage.
- Its common knowledge that taking your vehicle on a long drive can assist in prolonging the life of the battery, as this allows the alternator time to recharge the battery whilst driving through a clever electromagnetic current.
- But on shorter journeys, this process is something that is unable to happen efficiently as there is simply not enough time
- As a result, the car uses more battery power, without replenishment, eventually leading to battery failure
How do i know what battery my car needs?
- There are many different variations of battery, regarding both Amp Hours and Cold Cranking Amps
- Getting the battery with the correct power for your car is essential as a battery with too little power will under perform and ultimately die sooner than expected, and a battery with too much power could potentially flood the electrical system with power, causing damage to the vehicle’s electrical components.
- If you aren’t sure what battery your car needs, don’t panic. Simply contact us here at Tutts of Dorking, and a member of our team will be more than happy to help with any queries, and also provide a quote for battery replacement including labour. (Please note – all prices subject to VAT).
Although battery testers are available, we would always recommend having a trained technician carry out a power and condition check on your battery. Here at Tutts, we provide our fully trained technicians with state of the art, modern equipment to ensure all battery tests are carried out safely and accurately. We can even provide you with a printed battery test result sheet so you are able to see the results for yourself.
Please do not hesitate to contact us today! From a battery check to battery replacement, we are always willing and ready to help!